May 25, 2018
The Royal Wedding, another Star Wars movie and award-winning PR programs from LCWA…all in all, another exciting week! Here are some of my favorite finds:
- Just Smashing!: Simplicity and informality joined hands with pomp and circumstance when Meghan Markle married Prince Harry Saturday in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle. The world witnessed a transformative moment for the Royal House of Windsor, but will the couple’s wedding affect bridal trends to come? Here are a few ways it might.
- Don’t Laugh. It works: B2B marketers can cut through the growing clutter online and
connect more closely with customers and prospects through the use of humor in campaigns. Brand managers should keep thesetipsin mind to utilize humor as a successful marketing tool.
- Sound the Trumpets: This week we celebrated award-winning client work as LCWA took home Publicity Club of Chicago (PCC) Trumpet trophies for outstanding work in four highly competitive categories. Members from throughout the Chicagoland PR community gathered at the historic Palmer House Hilton to honor the best of the best in public relations from the past year. Learn more about our winning programs on the LCWA blog.
- Star Wars Movies Ranked: With the release of Solo today, Lucasfilm marks another milestone: the 11th Star Wars movie released in theaters. Here are all 11 ranked, including Solo. Do you agree with the rankings?
- Press Release POV: The press release isn’t dead, but its traditional format may need a change. Muck Rack and Zeno Group surveyed more than 500 journalists around the world and nearly half of reporters said they’d more likely pay attention to a release if it contained an infographic, and 13 percent said they would pay more attention if a video was included.