May 11, 2012
No one made more headlines this week than the media itself! From “60 Minutes” and Timemagazine to Google+ and Klout, it was a big week for traditional and social media announcements. Following are a few of our favorites:
- A Hot New Hangout: Google+ rolled out its “Hangouts on Air” feature that lets you broadcast live sessions for anyone to watch. Click here for tips on how to make the most of this new social tool!
- An Old Friend Gets Younger: 44-year-old newsmagazine “60 Minutes” is bucking network TV’s downward ratings trend by appealing to younger viewers.
- More Clout from Klout: On the heels of launching an iPhone app, brand pages and a new API, Klout announced even more changes are in store.
- Picture This: Twitpic launched its first mobile app on Monday. The free iPhone app lets users edit photos and add filters before posting them to Twitter.
- Perfect Timing: PRDaily.com reported on the best times to post to Twitter, Facebook and Tumbler.
- Shock Value: Timemagazine achieved a PR coup with its controversial cover image this week. The media can’t stop talking about it, and neither can people on Twitter.