February 8, 2013
Although we’re avoiding Blizzard Nemo in Chicago this weekend, we couldn’t escape the flurry of news that is ever-present through Twitter. Here are a few of our favorites from the week:
· Super Bowl Success. Monday, people were a’twitter with thoughts about the commercials during the big game. What was most surprising, though, is that the biggest success didn’t come from a multi-million dollar commercial – instead Oreo stole the show with some quick thinking.
· No Purchase Necessary. We loved this creative approach to gaining Facebook fans – no advertising or giveaway costs involved.
· #We #Love #Hashtags. Whether on Twitter or not, making up your own hashtag is the current trend, but are you using the keywords effectively? All Twitter helped us improve.
· The Two Percent. Via Twitter we learned that only about 2% of fans go back to brand’s Facebook page after the initial like.
· Snail Mail. Postal mail just got a little slower as the U.S. Postal Service announced it will not deliver mail (except packages) on Saturdays. We have to wonder how this will affect PR…