October 11, 2013
Even with the government still shut down, life goes on in the social sphere. In fact, it’s been a great week for social media activity and advice! Following are some of the stories and tips that caught our attention:
- You Can Run, But You Can’t Hide: Facebook tweaked its privacy settings this week and will no longer allow users to completely hide from others searching for them on the site. In other words, with few exceptions, we’re all now searchable.
- Deep Pockets: Since filing its IPO, Twitter has solidified its position as one of the leading social media sites, second only to Facebook in terms of popularity and daily active usage. However, in a faceoff between Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, you might be surprised by which company wins the revenue race.
- Social Media and Sales: Did you know that social media generates nearly double the marketing leads of trade show, telemarketing, daily mail or PPC? This informative info graphic by Digital Insights reveals some fascinating facts, figures and stats related to social media and sales.
- Cool Tools: We’re constantly trying out new resources for identifying trends, researching media and sharing information. Thanks to Mike Lizun @PRDaily for posting this terrific list of lesser-known but valuable digital tools for PR Pros.
- Inbox Zero: The end of the week is a great time to clean out your inbox. Many thanks to the folks @Mashable for these 5 Tricks to Finally Achieve Inbox Zero.