August 15, 2014
Here are some of my favorite finds from the past week!
- Take the Challenge – Trending this week across all social media platforms is the #IceBucketChallenge. This marketing campaign serves as a great example of how something simple but fun can go viral – and generate $4 million in two weeks for the ALS Association!
- Internal on the Rise – In the world of measurement, internal communications is often neglected. A new survey from Ragan Communications and PoliteMail reveals that the value of internal communications is increasing and a there is a growing demand for affordable measurement tools. (The survey is attached.)
- Blurring the Lines – With less explicit labels, are readers able to distinguish all paid advertising from editorial content? Ad Age reports on the evolution of sponsored content – from readers’ responses to FTC regulation.
- Instagram Inspiration – Instagram is now more popular than Twitter among smartphone users. Blogger Amy Taylor of “Brains of Fire” shares six brands that are captivating their Instagram audience – including the TSA!
- RIP Robin Williams – The Twitterverse celebrated the life of actor and comedian Robin Williams by sharing favorite photos, quotes and clips. A great line of his that can apply not only to comedy, but also public relations: “When you have a great audience, you can just keep going and finding new things.”