October 16, 2015
Politics and sports have kept us all on our toes this week! Below is a round-up of some of the most interesting stories of the week – including a few that don’t relate to Presidential debates, or the Cubs:
- #DemDebate – This year’s first Democratic Presidential Debate was held this week, and of course it was a hot topic on social media. With live tweeting from the Donald, massive boosts in followings for Bernie Sanders and a hot Instagram pic from Hillary, the debate was clearly on people’s minds.
- YouTube Star – Speaking of Hillary, according to a recent report, she leads the pack of candidates (in both parties) in views of videos on YouTube.
- Girl Power – The powerful essay from superstar Jennifer Lawrence – who weighed in on gender double-standards in Hollywood – hit a nerve, and got people talking.
- For the Love of Gum – A romantic video from Extra Gum went viral because of its unexpected sweet story.
- Change is in the Air – From more videos on Facebook to updates to place pins on Pinterest, our favorite social channels keep us on our toes – even as young people may be changing how they use social.
- …Last but not Least – Chicago is abuzz after the Cubs’ NLDS victory – and so is social media. Here are some of the best reactions to this week’s historic wins.