December 4, 2015
As winter finally rolls into Chicago with flakes, flurries and a rush of holiday shoppers, here are my favorite finds from this week!
- Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2016 – As we prepare to deck the halls, Pantone has announced their color of the year for 2016. And this year they have chosen two: Rose Quartz and Serenity. Pantone chose Rose Quartz and Serenity as they produce a balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, creating connections as well as a soothing sense of order and peace.
- E.coli Frenzy – What was originally a recall at only few Chipotle stores in the West has launched into recalls related to celery products in 18 states. Other chains affected now include: Costco, Safeway, Starbucks, Target, Walmart and 7-Eleven. A great PR reminder that a few days can change the whole story.
- Lolla Celebrates 25 Years – In celebration of it’s 25 year anniversary as a world-renowned music festival, Lollapalooza announced an additional concert dayfor the 2016 edition in Chicago’s Grant Park, which in total will feature more than 170 musical performances over four days – running July 28 – 31, 2016.
- Facebook Live is out! – After letting journalists and celebrities try out Periscope’s competitor, Facebook began testing Live – it’s version of live streaming – with average iOS users on Thursday. What makes it different is that only close friends receive a notification, and videos are permanently saved. Also out now is Collages, which lets you post multiple photos and videos as tiles. Facebook is trying to stay current with Snapchat, Periscope, Meerkat and even Twitter!
- Best Restaurants in America – Open Table has released their top 100 best restaurants in America based on more than five million reviews and more than 20,000 restaurants! Of those three are in Chicago: Bavettes, Boka and Les Nomades. Definitely adding these places to the dining wish list!