May 27, 2016
Twitter was abuzz this week about #ChewbaccaMom, #MemorialDay and of course tips and tricks for the savvy PR pro. Here are some of my favorite finds for the week:
- Facebook Live had a MOMENT…And all of a sudden the world has a new appreciation for the Facebook Live feature. If you loved #Chewbacca mom as much as we did (her laugh doppelganger works in our office), it will warm your heart to see how Facebook rewarded her for her blockbuster video. And when you are done daydreaming about your own water cooler mome
nt with Chewbacca, check out how McDonald’s used Facebook Live this week for theirStarving Artist campaign to celebrate National Burger Day this Saturday. We’re looving it.
- Then Turned Moments to Days. Speaking of Facebook Live, TechCrunch reported that FB Live is unveiling a new continuous video tool that lets publishers broadcast streams for hours on end. This is particularly useful for capturing subject matter with no definitive start and end points — like trade show booths, nature and of course cat videos. Pretty much anything live webcams have always been used for on other parts of the web.
- Doodle It Out.Did you know those whimsical doodles’ on the top of your meeting agenda can make you smarter, happier and more productive? Check out the backstory from Reader’s Digest.
- Golden Gardens.We have a special place in our heart for home designs and trends – be it interiors or exteriors. So of course we cheered this week when the Chelsea Flower Show gave gold to the first black, female designer in 103 years. Beyond the gold, we also loved this installation in honor of the show that transforms London restaurant Sketch into a blooming garden. It’s a huge step for the industry and also good inspiration for those of us who will use the long weekend to get our own gardens.
- Follow the Stars. Instagram brands looking to up their game can take a note from the stars, who are better at being relatable, getting internet humor, using “the face” and crafting the caption. Get inspiration to up your brand’s Instagram page here.