November 18, 2016
In an effort to forget the recent election, the social world was busy staring at the moon, holding some serious poses and laughing at the lame ducks. Here are some random
goodies I found for you to gobble up before the holiday food flood:
- Um who died? Last Friday afternoon, Facebook decided to kill many living users. These poor victims were temporarily memorialized on the social network, causing confusion for some and laughter for others.
- Shake what your mama gave ya! A Golden State Warriors fan has found a way to decompress after the stressful election, and is now my hero.
- Everybody freeze! The #MannequinChallenge is taking social media by storm. From celebs to athletes to major brands, everyone seems to be striking an awkward pose. Even LCWA!
- And the winner is….Twitter! The social network announced the recipients of the first #TwitterAwards last week and is replaying the results for those unable to watch the event. The awards highlighted Twitter practices to boost marketing campaigns. Here are some other tips and insights on how to optimize your 140 characters.
- World Diabetes Day: Monday was World Diabetes Day, designed to raise awareness of the disease, prevention, health tips and the latest research from across the globe. The #WorldDiabetesDay hashtag spurred individuals and organizations worldwide to share their stories, support and health information with others throughout the day!
- It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s SUPERMOON! On Sunday and Monday night, the Supermoon appeared, providing a massive display of bold beauty above the clouds for all to enjoy. If you missed it, here are some amazing photos! And if giant moon pics aren’t doing it for ya, here is an image of Saturn that is out of this world! (dad joke, you’re welcome). Are you a client whisperer? Muck Rack decided to breakdown a typical PR team into 6 distinct personalities – including the “brainstormer” and the “wildcard.” Take a look and find out which one you are, or if you are a combination of more than one.
- Food for thought… Trending this week was #2016WasTheYearThatIFinally hoping to inspire people to reflect on the past year and pinpoint some specific achievements. As we approach the holidays, maybe take a break between delicious dishes to think about what you accomplished this year. You know, like this deep thought.
- The Future of PR looks like… After you are done reminiscing on the year past, check out what some experts believe will be the future evolution of public relations.
- Farewell to BROTUS! The election is over, a winner has been named. No matter which way you voted for, you will likely be missing the delightful bromance we saw blossom between Obama and Biden. Let the farewell memescommence!
- Okay, one quick Cubs video… Sorry, I can’t help it! Here are the Cubs on Weekend Update singing Go Cubs Go!
Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!