February 2, 2018
As usual, it was a busy week for the news media, and social platforms are no different. Instead of the State of the Union on Tuesday, the State of the State in Illinois Wednesday or the building excitement for some football game this weekend, I focused my attention on some better business practices … and a little bit of nostalgia. Here are my favorite finds from a week in the Twitterverse:
- Who knew a big-name CEO wasn’t already on Twitter? That was th
e case for Boeing Chairman, President and CEO Dennis Muilenburg … until this week! He does have an incredible bio, rising from intern at Boeing to its helm.
- Social Media Today shared an infographic on the worst color choices for your website. It may seem elementary, but we’ve all visited sites that could use design improvements! What’s on the list? Pure black, red and green, bright-on-bright colors and light on white are the worst offenders.
- Hurrah for earned media! Results of strategic editorial outreach are driving more B2B marketers to rethink their ad spend. A study by Cision and Demand Gen “found that 79% of marketers are prioritizing earned media over traditional paid ads, which have become less effective.”
- This article from Inc. magazine references some easy-to-follow daily habits from a variety of sources. These “high achievers” perform such habits for themselves. It’s worth a read.
- Tom Hanks to play Mr. Rogers?! I feel like I’m back at Grandma and Grandpa’s house. Good memories.
Enjoy the weekend!