September 28, 2012
The weather may be getting cooler, but social media always stays hot! Here are just a few of our favorite stories we found and shared via @LCWATeamthis week.
- Private Facebook Messages: The week started off with Facebook fans getting up in arms about the possibility that private messages from 2009 and before were being published on Timeline for all to see. Facebook continues to deny the rumors.
- National Punctuation Day: Also at the beginning of the week: Monday’s National Punctuation Day! As communicators, we get excited about these types of holidays…well, some more than others.
- Most RTs Ever: In the wake of the Monday Night Football replacement ref debacle (which especially angered several Packer Backers in the office), a Green Bay Packer lineman vented his frustration on Twitter – and scored a retweet record.
- Facebook Deleting Fake Accounts: Some brands and businesses may experience a drop in Facebook “likes” because Facebook has started deleting fake accounts.
- Scheduling Pins: Good news for Pinterest users: a cool new tool allows you to schedule your pins.