January 25, 2013
Despite the cold temps here in Chicago, it was a hot week for social media. Following are some of the stories that caught my eye:
- Social Senators: NBC News reported this week that Twitter use by the U.S. Congress has hit an all time high with all 100 members of the Senate and more than 90% of the House of Representatives now actively tweeting.
- Social Power Influencers: Forbes released a list of the Top 50 Social Media Power Influencers. Strangely, @JustinBieber didn’t make it!
- Alternatives to LinkedIn Answers: With LinkedIn Answers shutting down at the end of this month, many have found themselves questioning, “Where do we go now?” PR Daily compiled this helpful list of alternate online tools and destinations worthy of a visit.
- Online Communities for PR Pros: Many thanks to digital blogger Arik Hanson for aggregating this great list of 14 Google+ Communities for PR Pros to Join. Whether you’re seeking ideas, resources or like-minded contemporaries, there’s a place for everyone in the PR/Marketing field.
- Lessons Learned from “Beer”: Okay, so this one doesn’t have to do with social media. I just loved this clever post which teaches presentation design skills through a simple (yet beloved) subject. Cheers!