February 1, 2013
What a week! As we live through the current cold snap in Chicago, we reminisce about 60 degree temperatures just three days ago. Of course, three days is like years in the Twitterverse. Here are some interesting finds from the past several days:
- Don’t ignore social media. Advice from Social Media Today reminds us that the social conversation is happening – with or without a given organization. Joining in can help convert prospects to customers and help the execution of marketing campaigns.
- Audiences are hungry… for social integration, that is, according to a new study from Mass Relevance (sign in required). One highlight: consumers are more willing to share content from an organization when it’s social content. Food for thought.
- If you’re happy and you know it … We PR folks are apparently happy but stressed at work. There were lots of posts about this study of marketing professionals from Aquent and the American Marketing Association.
- Is it a game changer? Let’s watch what Google does with YouTube. Will we start paying to see the Gangnam Style video?
- It’s trade show season! And here are some helpful tips on ways to leverage social media at the booth.
- What a great idea!We love the DIY Network’s Blog Cabin 2013 project. Be part of it here! The cabin is in North Carolina, where North Carolinians probably aren’t waking up to sub-zero wind chills…