May 17, 2013
It’s been a gorgeous week in Chicago, but like the weather here, the Twittersphere is volatile. Here are some favorite finds from the past week:
- Today’s Customer– This insightful article stresses the existence of varying paths to purchasing a product and reminds us that real human experiences remain paramount in providing customers “complete context” for them to make a purchase decision.
- Charlatans – I don’t often see this word in a headline, so it caught my eye. This article from Ragan grounds communications professionals and thoughtfully suggests the fundamental that quality trumps quantity, particularly in measuring messaging success.
- App Changes – What’s more volatile than ever-updated iPhone apps? This picture gallery demonstrates the latest and greatest from the Facebook app.
- U.K. Whitepaper – Our friends across the pond have offered a new whitepaper for free download. The author recommends a new mindset in an increasingly fragmented media landscape. The fragmentation, she says, give us more opportunity as communications professionals. Carry on!
- Fun End-of-Week Reading – For the history buff in all of us, this is a great collection of quotes from notables past and present. According to Bill Gates, “If I was down to the last dollar of my marketing budget I’d spent it on PR!”