January 10, 2014
Did a potential presidential candidate ruin his chances with poor communications strategy? And how heated will the PR battle over minimum wage get this year? With topics like these, it’s no wonder PR execs have the sixth-most-stressful job in America (especially if you represent Dennis Rodman).
- How damaged is Chris Christie? Christie declined comment and abruptly canceled a news conference during the bridge shutdown fiasco– then passed the buck during a lengthy news conference the next day.
- To blessed to be stressed? A recent study says PR execs have the sixth-most-stressful job in America, which is two spots higher than police officers
- Dennis being Dennis. The NBA has actively distanced itself from the former Bull as Rodman makes another trip to North Korea – and screams at CNN – this time with a team of ex-NBA underachievers in tow.
- Continuing education. These five books are good reading for any PR pro. What are your recommendations?
- Minimum wage a “great PR case study.” Whether or not the minimum wage will change depends on which side wins the public’s favor in 2014.