April 3, 2015
The Twitterverse this week was filled with everything this week from April Fools pranks to breakthrough buttons and fluffy bunnies to important observances. Check out the stories that caught my eye, the new social features and brand announcements that caught my imagination and the best practices and advice I loved reading.
- Buttons and Breakfasts – In case you missed it, a few major brand announcements took Twitter by storm this week. From night owls everywhere rejoicing at McDonald’s elimination of the breakfast ban (Egg McMuffins all day long!) to the breakthrough Amazon Button launch, we’re certainly springing into forward-thinking. Will our homes fill with “razor,” “paper towel” and “baby wipes” instant reorder buttons? Only time will tell.
- Days for Tomfoolery – We enjoyed a spring weather tease from Mother Nature on April 1, but that wasn’t the only thing that had us smiling. From the cuddly Google Panda (please can we have one!) to the stylish Target FannyBasket, we loved the April Fools Spoofs from brands who got into the spirit and showed off their ridiculous creativity.
- Days for Contemplation – Two additional observances this week made us stop and think. With so many medical clients on our roster, its hard not to appreciate the evolution of medicine on National Doctors Day. And several days later our building burned blue, quite literally, as the Crain’s Communication Building lit up blue with other major Chicago Skyline staples for World Autism Awareness Day.
- Show Me the #Shelfie – Most of our PR experts are secretly also total bookworms, so we love the campaign buzzing this week from First Books and Disney designed to raise money and provide books for needy kids. Our staff is already getting into sharing their #shelfie shots and showing off the books that taught them to love reading. The hardest part of course is picking just one book!
- Social Sense & Sensibilities – We followed a few great social tips and tricks this week including an overview of the eight social media trends for 2015, a great reminder about delivering social campaign results to clients and a list of 11 top content creation tools every marketer needs.