July 2, 2015
It was a short week, but there was certainly no shortage of interesting stories around the web. Below are my favorite finds for the week.
- J L – Chevy released a media alert announcing the launch of their 2016 Cruze written entirely in the language of emojis. While they later distributed a more traditional release, the innovative announcement received mixed reactions.
- He’s Fired – Donald Trump found himself of the receiving end of his trademark phrase this past week when both NBC and Macy’s severed ties with him after he made racially insensitive remarks. The Donald’s response? Throwing out more insults, of course.
- Siri Gets Sassy – Siri showed some serious attitude when she was asked to solve “what’s zero divided by zero,” but the sass didn’t stop there. It was discovered that Siri also provides blunt answers to six other questions.
- In Other Apple News… – Although some are suggesting that Apple’s new music streaming service could make Spotify obsolete within a year, several people are still hesitant to jump on board. Intrigued? Here are 6 tips for mastering the new service.
- Social Updates – Facebook mimicked Snapchat, and added the option to add text and filters to mobile image uploads, while Snapchat added its own long awaited feature: you no longer have to press and hold on your screen to watch your friend’s annoying 120-second story. #ThankGoodness
- Get the Pepto Bismol Ready – Americans will eat an estimated 155 million hot dogs on the Fourth – more than enough to stretch from Washington D.C. to Los Angeles five times.