September 30, 2016
The new fall wind blew in news from entertainment to politics and more this past week! Check out some of our favorite finds:
- Social media continues to create new opportunities to share your point-of-view… now more literally than ever. Snapchat, now under the umbrella of Snap Inc., unveiled their first ever hardware product last week—Snapchat Spectacles. Made to look more like regular sunglasses (in comparison to the futuristic look of the Google Glass), this new supplement to the app records video through a 115-degree-angle lens located next to the lenses of the glasses themselves that more closely matches the eyes’ natural field of vision. Wearable technology continues to get more user-friendly every day.
- Everybody loves the show Friends, and that includes the cast. Last week stars Courtney Cox (Monica) and Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe) appeared on the show Celebrity Name Game, on which Cox is a producer, and played a game of Friends trivia. They did not disappoint.
- After directing Disney’s most recent live-action reboot involving talking animals (The Jungle Book), Jon Favreau hasn’t had enough. On Wednesday, Disney announced a live action reboot of The Lion King with Favreau at the helm. Fans everywhere are “roaring” with excitement.
- Did you catch the catch the first presidential debate on Monday? Seems like not everything that was said was 100% true (shocking, huh?). Check out this article with an annotated transcript of the debate that will keep both sides of the aisle honest.
- Do you think the whole debate seems like it might be a joke? Well the internet is making it one. Here are the best memes from the debate from all over the World Wide Web.
- Thursday was National Coffee Day, but it seems that our international friends may have been celebrating a little more than we were. While 3.1 kg of coffee per capita is consumed in America, that only puts us as the 25th highest coffee drinkers. Finland, the #1 spot, drinks over three times as much coffee with 9.9 kg of coffee per capita per year! Check out some more coffee facts next time you pick up a cup!