December 2, 2016
This past week kicked of the busy holiday shopping season and the Internet was abuzz with deals and steals. Here are my favorite finds from this week:
- Shopping on the Sly – A survey of North American workers by staffing firm Robert Half Technology revealed that nearly half of employees (49%) shop at work on Cyber Monday but most (65%) try to hide it from their bosses.
- Crowning Achievements – Whether you’re just beginning your career or are a seasoned professional in need of a pep talk, here are some lessons inspired from “The Crown” Netflix series on how to be more confident at work
- Perfecting Pitching – PR pros should consider these tips for successfully pitching reporters courtesy of Micah Warren, co-founder of Large Media. Among the tips, be authentic, think like a journalist and respect a journalist’s time.
- Writing Wisdom – A recent infographic from GrammarCheck.net highlights five of the most common bad writing habits and how to avoid them.
- Holiday Sales Surge –The 2016 International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Thanksgiving/Black Friday Shopping Report shows that three quarters of Americans spent the same or more this year – a positive indicator for the holiday shopping season. And U.S. online sales gained momentum on Cyber Monday – surpassing initial expectations by hitting a record $3.39 billion as consumers snapped up deals on the busiest day of the year for Internet shopping.