June 8, 2012
You really do learn something new every day – especially if you’re keeping an eye on your Twitter feed! Here are some stories that made us stop and think this week:
- Where’s the News? A PR News/PRWeb survey finds that 19 percent of press releases don’t have a specific objective.
- Twitter Knows When You Sleep: The New York Times reports that Twitter engineers are studying sleep habits of users worldwide based on tweet volumes.
- The Power of the Pin: Behavioral commerce company SteelHouse finds that Pinterest users are 79 percent more likely to purchase items they saw pinned on Pinterest versus Facebook users.
- Facebook for the Pre-teen Crowd? It might happen, but this infographic from SodaHead.com (via Mashable) indicates that many people think users of the social media site should be over 13.
- Jaguar Isn’t Mad at “Mad Men”: Proving that – unlike Don Draper – Jaguar has a sense of humor, the company issued a light-hearted response to the negative portrayal of their brand on one of TV’s most popular programs.