July 6, 2012
We may have had a holiday and a heat wave this week, but that did not stop the news from flowing on Twitter! Here is a look at our favorite announcements, statistics and stories:
- Surprising Stats We’ve heard the “Internet is changing marketing/PR” speech, but now there is shocking data to support that claim.
- LinkedIn and Twitter’s Breakup Many of us have posted tweets on our LinkedIn accounts, but as of this week, there’s no more “link.”
- Disastrous June Remember when CNN and Fox News blew the Supreme Court’s call on Obamacare? Yes, we do, too. But how did it rank in Ragan’s PR Daily’s list of “5 worst media disasters of June?”
- Virtual Wish List Mashable reported that Facebook is testing a “want” button for a huge social commerce push. Do you “like” this idea? We do!
- Bite-Sized Apple Tablet According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple’s component suppliers in Asia are prepping for a smaller tablet computer.
- #ExilePitbull Walmart’s Energy Sheets Facebook campaign with spokesperson Pitbull took a hilarious turn when users hijacked it in an attempt to send the rapper to the most remote Walmart location in America.