February 15, 2013
From politics to love, the Twitterverse was full of partisan affairs, heartbreak and romance. Here are a few of our favorites from this week:
- Digital Love abounds in celebration of Valentine’s Day. Even when it isn’t the holiday of love, people often communicate with their significant other through cyberspace.
- Twitter’s new video sharing app, Vine, offers brands innovative ways to visually connect with consumers.
- What do women want? Time, tone and type are all key to targeting female Facebook users.
- The state of social media is powerful and prevalent. Even if you weren’t in front of the TV screen Tuesday night, you could tune in to President Obama’s State of the Union address and Senator Maro Rubio’s rebuttal speech via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube or blogs.
- Understand your Facebook fans to create meaningful relationships. Knowing the type of users who “like” your page will allow your brand to generate more engaged online communities.
- Mmmm… the fresh smell of pizza – as a perfume? Followers could tweet #LastMinuteLovers @PizzaHut for a chance to win a bottle for their Valentine.