April 5, 2013
Even though one of our favorite stories to kick off April is knowing when brand’s should let go of social platforms, we’re certainly not doing so! Below are the stories we found most interesting this week.
- Fools Rush In – We started the week of light by keeping an eye on brands’ April Fools Day pranks. Bacon-flavored beer anyone?
- Facebook’s Mobile Takeover – With Facebook’s introduction of “Home” on Android mobile devices, the company further integrates itself into our everyday technology, and our lives.
- When to cut ties with social platforms – Not all social media outlets are appropriate for all brands. Social Media Today helps us determine when it’s time to cut the cord with social sites.
- The SEC Goes Social – This week, the SEC announced companies can make key announcements to investors on Twitter. We wonder how that 140-character earnings update will play out.
- Healthy Body = Healthy Mind? – According to PR Daily, one of the five necessary tasks for every PR pro is a good workout. Our client Life Fitness will be happy to hear that!