December 12, 2014
The air is full of holiday cheer – and tons of news from the social media world. Below please find a list of my top picks for the week:
- Facebook Changes – Facebook is always evolving – and this week is no exception. New calls to action – including book now, watch video and contact us – were introduced for brand pages, and the conversation continues about going beyond the “like” button to capture the range of sentiments that users get from posts.
- Sony Email Leak – Sony is finding itself in the midst of a PR crisis following the massive leak of company information – including salaries and internal emails.
- Instagram Boom – Instagram announced it has surpassed 300 million users – meaning it now has more monthly active users than Twitter.
- Top 10 YouTube Videos – The end of the year is approaching, meaning recaps are all the rage – including the top 10 videos on YouTube for 2014 and a reminder that the most popular paper of the year was the Facebook study that manipulated your news feed to measure users’ emotional states.
- Twitter Flak – The week’s biggest social media gaffe: Best Buy landed in hot water after a tweet about the wildly popular podcast “Serial” – prompting an apology.