October 2, 2015
What a week! Despite the seemingly non-stop coverage of the Supermoon Eclipse, the Pope’s U.S. visit, and the tracking of Hurricane Joaquin, there were a few other stories and events that made headlines this week. Here are a couple that caught our attention:
- Another Facebook Hoax: Don’t believe the latest wave of status updates. By copying and pasting a short post in legalese about your privacy settings on Facebook, it turns out you will not, in fact, make the photos and videos you’ve posted more private.
- Polo Power Play: Fashion icon Ralph Lauren announced this week that he will be stepping down as CEO of his company, handing the executive reins over to Stefan Larsson, who was previously the global president of Old Navy.
- Trump vs. Fox: The ongoing tiffbetween GOP frontrunner Donald Trump and Fox News escalated this week with a series of on-again, off-again interview confirmations and cancellations that rivaled a Hollywood romance. Time will tell if they kiss and make up.
- Quenching A Social Media Thirst: The University of Florida spent the week toasting the golden anniversary of Gatorade, with its observance spilling over into the social media world. Here are just a few samplings, with more to come in the run-up to tomorrow night’s Florida-Ole Miss game at The Swamp.
- Successful Separation: ABCNews.com shared some heartwarming imagesof previously conjoined twins Maria Clara Oliveira Santana and Maria Eduarda Oliveira Santana who were successfully separated in Brazil earlier this month. Something sweet to end the week!