November 20, 2015
Happy Friday! As Chicago braces for its first snow of the season, here are my Favorite Finds of the week. They may not keep you toasty, but at least they’ll distract you from the cold!
- So Long, Sun: Chicago’s glorious brush with Ibiza-like temperatures is coming to an abrupt end this weekend, as forecasters predict between two and six inches of accumulation starting Friday evening. Sounds like the perfect night for a Netflix binge.
- Let’s Hug it Out: Forgo the handshake – an @ChicagoBlueSky poll shows 56 percent of workers are in favor of hugging in business settings. In my opinion though, nothing trumps a good fist bump for a job well done.
- Gram It: @ThrillistChicrunched the numbers to determine the 30 most Instagrammed places in Chicago. Considering the stream of tourists we can see from our offices visiting Millennium Park each day, we’re shocked “The Bean” isn’t #1.
- Keep it Brewing: A new study conducted by the American Heart Association found that higher consumption of coffee could reduce the risk of deaths due to cardiovascular disease, neurological diseases. So go ahead and order that Venti.
- Hail to the Chief: Our very own Alison Bruder (@AlisonHamer) was named the president of PRSA Chicago. First order of business: an office-wide celebration with cake (and fist bumps). Congrats, Alison!