March 10, 2017
With spring just weeks away, it seems as if there’s no shortage of news about brands looking to roll out fresh updates – especially when it comes to social media. There was plenty of social buzz blowing into our newsfeeds this week, but here are some of my favorites:
- Social Déjà vu – Facebook launched a new tool dubbed Messenger Day on Thursday in effort to keep up with Snapchat’s growing popularity. Messenger Day allows users to add photos and videos to their “day,” which can then be shared with your entire list of Messenger contacts or a select group of friends. And guess what…everything disappears after 24 hours.
- There’s a New Guy in Town – Well…almost. Crain’s Chicago Business shared that a new luxury lifestyle magazine will soon join the Chicago media scene. ChicagoMod is expected to launch later this month and will focus on fashion, dining, philanthropy and travel.
- The Power of a Follow – Get those social audiences growing! According to a new survey from Sprout Social, more than half of consumers of all generations are more likely to buy a product from a brand that they follow online.
- Mind the (Generation) Gap – Brands are constantly receiving mixed messages about which social platforms they need to be on to reach certain demographics. This handy infographic breaks it down into simple terms.
- It’s Easy Being Green – Our sweet home Chicago is prepping for its annual St. Patrick’s Day celebration taking place this weekend. From watching the Chicago River turn (slightly more) green to parades and 5Ks, there’s plenty to do all weekend long for those hoping to partake in the festivities.