December 21, 2012
Although the year is winding down, and many are already vacationing for the holidays, our Twitter stream was as active as ever this week. Here’s what we liked:
- Snow, no?: Here in Chicago we were in a snow drought until today… 290 days without snow! Welcome, winter wonderland.
- Brands beware: Sometimes a well-intentioned hashtag campaign goes wrong – sorry for Starbucks, this was their week.
- Research Nerds Rejoice: The latest “State of Consumers and Technology” report is chalk full of data about how we use our devices (maybe why Nielsen is using Tweets as a TV rating metric). TechCrunch sums it up the report for us here.
- Proliferation of Paywalls: Half of all U.S. newspapers have paywalls and 1/5 of magazines do too, now. How will that affect reader numbers moving forward?
- Kudos to our #PR colleagues: We applaud these brands that handled their PR disasters of the year with grace!