October 30, 2018
Many of our clients depend on our PR and social media team to manage and create engaging content for their social media pages. Though each platform provides value in one form or another, there is little doubt that Facebook is one of the most powerful tools for brands to connect with certain consumer audiences.
Facebook possesses a larger audience than any other platform. It can be a tool to help our clients reach and engage with their target audiences organically. Additionally, Facebook allows for freedom and flexibility in the content d and offers a wide range of customizable options to “boost” posts at minimal costs to reach a wider, targeted audience.
Looking to create appealing, shareable content that gets results? Here are six tips for creating engaging Facebook content that will keep followers actively interested:
- Know your audience – The key to developing a great feed is to post content that genuinely interests your target audience. So who are the people following your page – parents, teachers, hobbyists, employees, professionals? Take the time to figure out who the brand’s key audiences are on Facebook, and customize the content and info to their needs and interests.
- Keep it short and simple – The shorter the post, the less likely your followers are to scroll right past it. Sometimes getting your point across in just a few words can be difficult, but when possible, remember shorter and direct is better.
- Bring variety and personality – Post a mix of content to keep followers interested. In addition to important company, product and industry news, give your page life by incorporating blogs, tips, polls and call-to-action posts. Likewise, if there’s something unique or quirky about the brand or business, be sure to draw positive attention to it.
- Make it personable – For a few of our clients,LCWA’s PR and social media team has seen that posts with some of the highest engagement rates are ones that highlight a company’s local community involvement or individual employees. Giving followers something they can directly connect or relate to on a personal level is a sure fire way to win.
- Use high-quality visuals – Every post should have a visual element to it! This can range from photos and visual tips and stats, to infographics and videos. Take advantage of appealing visuals on-hand or create your own. Everyone loves when an eye-catching image or video pops up on their feed.
- Boost posts to reach the right audience – Whether it’s an announcement, promotion, link or event, any type of post can be “boosted” on Facebook. Boosted posts aren’t limited to people who already follow the page so this is a great option to reach a wider, target audience – Facebook allows users to set the parameters for who will see the boosted post including age, sex, location, and interests.
Creating engaging social media content doesn’t have to be a challenge, just keep these six tips in mind and you’ll be off to a good start to generating interesting content.