June 22, 2012
Sweltering heat hit Chicago this week, and the @LCWATeamTwitter feed was on fire too with the hottest news and front-burner PR and social media tips. Here’s a recap of this week’s favorite finds:
- Love newspapers? We sure do. Newseum, the must-see museum of news if you’re ever in Washington D.C., posts their picks for the top 10 daily newspaper front pages from around the world every day.
- We know where you live. According to tweepsmap.com 81% of @LCWATeam followers are from the USA, 20% are from Illinois and 16% are from Chicago. Click here to find out where your followers are from.
- What does gardening have to do with social media? We dug these clever comparisons to help cultivate your social media effort.
- Rising to the Surface. Did you miss Microsoft’s unveiling of its new Surface tablet this week? If so, Gizmodo edited it down to a quick 90 second video.
- Live theater is big business. LCWA is particularly proud of our Arts & Leisure division clients for helping contribute more than $2.2 billion annually to Chicago’s economy. Read more about the new economic impact study on Chicago’s arts and culture scene released earlier this week.