October 3, 2014
We found some interesting headlines this week in the social media realm. Following are some of the stories and tips that caught our attention:
- LinkedIn Goes to College: Three new college-finding tools from LinkedIn — Decision Boards, University Outcome Rankings and University Finder — focus on college-bound students who are deciding where to apply, what to study and people who might give them some useful advice on the way.
- Holiday Social Media Spending: Researchshows that 67 percent of marketers plan to increase their social media budgets this holiday season. Brands also appear to be sticking to proven social media platforms, with 92 percent of marketers saying they will spend the majority of their budget on Facebook.
- Perry Leads the Pack: Katy Perry, who became the first person to reach 50 million followers in January, maintains her position as Twitter’s most-followed individual, with a nearly 2.5 million follower lead over second-placed (and former number one) Justin Bieber. President Barak Obama ranks third with 47 million followers.
- Brand Storytelling: SocialBro provided seven vital social media delivery optimization strategies to ensure the story your brand is telling doesn’t get missed.
- The Future of PR: According to Fast Company, the future of PR is creating a shareable experience and facilitating an ongoing conversation while remaining on the forefront of innovations in the communication arena.